Sunday, September 6, 2009

That ever so elusive bluebird of happiness

So my computer's been broken, but I'm blogging now, so there.
Been doing pretty much the same old...teaching here and there (it's slow in the summer) and summer kind of stuff, as far as you can when in chronic pain, anyway.
I had the temp. spinal surgery again two weeks ago so I'm doing pretty well at the moment, I even went off my pain patch a few days ago just to prove to myself I'm not dependent on that shit. It's been rough, but I'm going to try and stay off it until the pain gets too much to stand again. :)
Braden's been working for his dad (my ex husband) the last couple weeks and did really well, apparently. It was really hard physical labour, industrial roofing. Alex tried it too, but well....it's Alex we're talking about here, and apparently he was taking 75 minute shits 3 times a day so was "let go" after 4 days. Laziest. Person. Ever. That's all I'm saying about it, and thank god he lives with Amanda now, and not here or I would have to strangle him.
Mike's been really depressed and withdrawn (his fiancee left him a few months ago out of the blue, and he's really worried about losing his house and is just really sad over it, poor guy.) We kinda had words the other day. (that is what we do) I feel bad for him though and tonight I was figuring out what I could do to cheer him up (and NO, not THAT O_o) so I decided to paint him "the bluebird of happiness." Yeah, I'm a sap. Shut up. It actually turned out pretty well, hopefully I'll give it to him tomorrow. He's always liked my paintings and strangely, I've never done one for him before, even though he's my oldest and best friend.
Back to school for Braden in two days, and back to work for moi.
:)
Talk soon
D.

No comments: