Sunday, November 18, 2007

'Tis the Season...

Autumn and the time up until the new year is my favourite time of year. It's the only time I get creative/crafty/in the spirit of things, so to speak. I almost always make my own gifts for everyone. In the past I have made my own potpourri (from flowers in my own garden), made tree ornaments, homemade salsa, homemade jams, wooden decorative sleighs, bathroom baskets, cookies and many other items over the years. Martha Stewart would seriously be proud of me.
This year it is practically a sickness...it is only mid November and I am already not only finished my Christmas shopping, but I have also wrapped everything, including all the stocking items. Ya, I know... however, I haven't done my holiday baking yet, which I am giving as gifts again this year (by request) but that's only because Braden (my youngest son) will eat everything out of the freezer as I found out through unfortunate circumstances last year. (Sorry again to those of you who didn't get a gift...) And um...I do already have all the tins/containers in readiness for when I DO bake.
I'm so ahead of the game, in fact, I'm planning a holiday open house this year. Mostly just so I'll have more decorating, craft and food projects. *blush* On my agenda: making my own holiday soaps, (never done that one before *claps hands in anticipation*) more baking, more extensive indoor and outdoor decorating than I've done in the past. Yay!
...like I said, it's a sickness....
D.

No comments: