Monday, January 21, 2008

lazy me, paint and bureacratic b.s.

Yeah so I haven't blogged since before Christmas, sue me.
I haven't been that well, still waiting for the March 11th hemotology appointment, unless there's a cancellation before then, (which I am not, at this point, holding my breath for)
I'm getting by though. Even did some painting last week, first time since I got sick five months-ish ago, I think.
So what's new? hmmm, let's see. My sweet best friend Seanie bought Matt Good tickets for Matt's Cleveland concert on my birthday March 20th for a birthday gift for me..:) That's the good news. The bad news was that when I went to get my passport so I can go, last week, I was informed I couldn't get a passport because my birth certificate had EXPIRED. WTF!!! Most effing retarded thing I ever heard of. Apparently birth certificates issued in the province of Quebec before 1994 have been declared invalid because they were accepting some forms of religious i.d. for them prior to then....or some such stupid shit. You would think they would notify people of this, but nooooo. So I had to get my MPP to help me, pay an extra 50 bucks to rush the application as i need to travel in March, and pay 20 bucks to courier the i.d. and the application to Quebec because they don't "like " faxes. For a birth certificate I already had, basically. And they've known this since 1994. And I've went to the States twice since then, and could ostensibly have been refused re entry into Canada as my only i.d. showing my citizenship is "invalid". Nice, eh.
Then, if there is no problem with getting the birth certificate, i can then pay twice as much as normal (170 bucks) to try and accelerate the passport application process. Craziness. What a country.
I really swear I was Hitler in a former life to deserve the punishment that is this one sometimes.
D.

No comments: