Sunday, December 20, 2009

I can't even think of a title...

So Thursday was the Matt Good concert I looked forward to for the last 3 months.
Unfortunately an hour before I was supposed to leave for the concert I went to a meeting with Braden and his drug counsellor. Braden refused to go to rehab, and told me to "shove my rehab up my ass" among other lovely things he said about me/to me/to the counsellor at the meeting. The counsellor also seemed to blame me for things. I felt I was totally being ganged up on, burst into tears and left. I cried for an hour, didn't think I'd even go to the concert, then felt guilty because I spent 70 bucks on the ticket so I went. Then wished I hadn't. Matt Good. My absolute favourite. I couldn't enjoy it, and was actually in tears several times during the concert. I went alone, which didn't help, when I saw everyone else there NOT alone.
I feel so overwhelmed.
Then on Friday, I woke up to no heat AGAIN (the seven year continuing bullshit of the furnace that does NOT work) Called the landlords, they bitched about me having to pay for a service call...I said it is 58 degrees Fahrenheit in here. The thermostat is set to 72. That tells ME there is something wrong with the furnace.
Nine hours later I was still waiting for the furnace technician to come. And I had to go to work...and Braden had of course not shown up after school... the technician called and said he'd be another hour so I had to call my work and tell my boss I had to cancel the first couple students. He was furious and berating me because our Xmas concert was the next day...I had no choice, the tech. had told me if nobody was here he wouldn't come back until Monday and it was now 50F in here...and I was waiting for him with my coat and boots on it was so cold.
Right after I called my boss Braden came home so I got ready to leave...to find out the workmen outside had parked their flatbed truck behind my car, blocking me in. I asked them to move it several times and they were ignoring me. By now I was in tears and hopelessly late for work. Braden went out and yelled "HEY. MOVE YOUR FUCKING TRUCK NOW!" and since he is twice their size they immediately moved it.
So I got to work finally, only to find out one of the students I cancelled had quit because of short notice and my boss had lost a years' tuition ($700 or so) :( So now I'm in the bad books and I'm worried I might not have a job on top of everything else. I called the student's parents to apologize, but the father was angry and is apparently a bit of a hothead so it's probably to no avail. :(
Luckily the Xmas concert went well today. I hope that helps my case that all my students did well in it.
D.

1 comment:

Sister Christian said...

Ouch, sounds like a pain in the ass where everyone seems to be waiting in the wings with a knife to cut ya kinda day. Well, thankfully its over and hopefully your furnace isn't being a douche. Holidays and New Year will bring better things.