Sunday, December 6, 2009

Writing from my fog of pain....

Well I still have all the Braden stuff etc. going on but quite frankly, my health is so bad right now it's foremost in the chain of events.
I had dental surgery on Thurs...a gum graft. I have a lot of dental problems linked to my bone disease. (the OI)
Then on Friday I had my quarter-monthly day surgery of the injection into my spinal cord that helps my pain recede temporarily for a month or three.
Well, that dental surgery was a LOT worse than I was led to believe...it's been hellish pain and I wasn't sure I'd even be able to have the spinal surgery I was in such bad shape Friday morning before it (threw up on my way to the hospital even) but I survived. The spinal thing was nothing this time in comparison to the pain my mouth/face has been in the last four days. I went back to the dentist yesterday and it turns out I have a post op infection in my mouth, I'm on heavy duty antibiotics and pain killers which are barely touching it. I had a fever of 103 last night...it was down a bit during the day today but up a bit again tonight and the pain is horrific, eating nearly impossible. I've lived primarily on juice the last few days.
Keep you posted, off for (hopefully) some sleep tonight.
D.

No comments: