Sunday, November 29, 2009

White flag waving in the wind...

It's been simply a horrible week. Braden has done many rotten, some illegal things, and I am done. I've come to the conclusion there is no solution except for him to move out. I've done everything humanly possible to try and turn him from the path he seems determined to follow, and I think the only recourse now is to exercise tough love and let him learn how hard it is to fend for himself in the real world. It breaks my heart, but he just is not figuring it out. I can't have him stealing from me and lying to me all the time and just keep enabling him to do that.
*sigh*
I feel so alone. Once the cat is gone, (she is a feisty girl and appears to have rallied some...I think she will still not be with me much longer, but I've put off the inevitable for the time being, as she seems comfortable) I will truly be alone. Not the greatest time of year to feel that way, although it's never a good time really. I just have this feeling of utter hopelessness; like there really is nothing at all to look forward to or be happy about any more.
D.

1 comment:

Sister Christian said...

Sometimes when we feel most alone we realize the opportunities we've been given to exercise more freedom. There's more elbow room in your life. Go with it.