Friday, November 6, 2009

"The clamps! You want I shoud use the clamps or clamp-like device, boss?" Futurama

It's been a weird week...
I've had major issues with the landlords and don't know how these people even live with themselves, seriously. I can't even get into it right now on here; it absolutely flabbergasts me in its completely asinine stupidity.

Poor Mike has been sick as a dog all week. He seems to have this H1N1 crap and I've felt so bad for him. He never gets sick (other than when he had cancer a few years back; DARK times)so it worries me when it happens. (after the cancer thing)

I had laser surgery on my right eye today for the hole in my retina. The procedure itself wasn't too bad, except for the "clamp" thing they use to hold your eyeball in place to laser it. Braden and I have now forever dubbed it the "eye clamp". Then you have to hold perfectly still for a series of blinding lights that are the laser and you feel half blind for several minutes after from the brightness of it, and your eye waters like crazy after being released from the clamp. Afterwards it did sting and it's still aching like a bitch. It's like a migraine mostly embedded in my eye. Vision's still a bit blurry, if I'm making typos in this entry, that's my excuse! The surgeon told me I will most likely have a permanent black dot in my vision in that eye, since the hole was right in my central line of vision. I'll take a black dot and partial vision loss over total blindness any day though! :)

I went to the fracture clinic yesterday and was told I'll be wearing this cast for at least another month until I see the ortho again Dec 2nd. Meh.

My eye is still aching so I will cut this entry short now.
D.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He never gets sick oetiker clamps (other than when he had cancer a few years back; DARK times)so it worries me when it happens.