Thursday, September 6, 2007

Heat, paintbrushes and shaved pussies

Well it's a sweltering 40 degree celsius in the shade kind of day today and I'm hiding out in my air conditioning, painting. I had to emerge from my cave earlier when I couldn't find the ONE detail paintbrush I like and need, and had to immediately go to Michaels for a new one. heh. Two expensive paintbrushes and two new acrylic paints later ("silver morning", a new shade!! wooo! it sparkles) I dragged myself reluctantly from their premises. At first I thought my glasses or my sunglasses must be smudged when I came out of the store, but after cleaning both, I realized it was the smog and humidity that was fogging my vision. Sure makes one proud to be a Hamiltonian at times like that.

The Cat (or The Queen as we often call her) is sitting in all her glorious sovereignty watching me with complete disdain as I type this. (It might have something to do with the fact I'm painting dogs, or just the fact she has the most miserable personality I've ever encountered in a feline.) She's a 14 year old persian named Chloe, who loves me, and hates EVERY OTHER LIVING THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. She tolerates my oldest child and hates the youngest, which she proves pretty much daily by hissing, scratching, growling, biting him etc. I think it's because they're the same age, have grown up together and are jealous of each other, personally. So anyway, the bitch...I mean...The Cat...won't let me brush her, so once a year I take her to the groomer and she gets shaved naked. She hates being groomed, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for Lisa, her groomer. (Why anyone would ever choose to do that for a living is beyond me, but kudos to those who do!!) But she loooooooves how it feels when she's bald afterwards and acts like a kitten and wants to cuddle...well, as much as a cat who is completely anti-social would ever cuddle, that is. What always amazes me is how extremely tiny she is without hair. She's a small cat, weighs about 7 pounds, but man, without hair...she puts one in mind of a small chihuahua, or slightly large rat. Or maybe ET while he was still in utero.


I don't have pics from her being shaved two days ago yet, but here's one from the last time:


You can see the intense enjoyment on her face. Such a sweet animal.

Back to painting now.

D.



No comments: