Sunday, October 11, 2009

Peace/pieces

First order of business: I cannot for the life of me fathom why in the HELL Obama was given a Nobel Peace Prize...he was in office all of what...two weeks?...when he was nominated for it, and is, in fact, still at war with more than one nation...so how exactly does this embody peace??? Obviously TPTB are just trying to drive home to us how much more awesome Obama is compared to George Doubleya. And really a TicTac running the country would be better than Bush, but we don't award them Nobel Peace Prizes. I'm not saying that somewhere down the road he won't actually deserve this for something he may do in the future, but I think there were a lot more deserving individuals this time around that did actual deeds that promoted peace.

Second: oooooh, do NOT get me started on Stephen Harper and the total hypocrisy of his "surprise" performance at an arts gala last weekend. It was obviously totally orchestrated (pardon the pun) to generate more popularity for him...to show his "human side" (barf) and to counteract his total LACK of support for the arts in the past. He is still not supporting them; but this is an attempt to make it look as though he does. I am also offended that one author of an article I read about it said he "wasn't as bad as Ringo" doing the Beatles tune he sang. Please. Ringo rocks!!


D.

No comments: